Got a seminar now

Well well there are all these diligent, smart looking people sitting around typing on their keyboards. they are all in upright positions and look very intelectual. My cousin Charl says I am an intellectual and always stand in front of a bookshelf so that I am framed by books, but he also thinks I don't know how to read. Secretly I do. Charl would be proud to know that I am in fact sitting in my prac now BLOGGING and playing battles in another window. I am only playing battles because my friends QuickDraw McGraw (see his blog) said I must.
But seriously folks I mentioned Charl because I spent the weekend in PE checking out my cousins etc. I was speaking to my Aunt and we were talking about My Grandparents. She mentioned that the greatest gift her Dad (my grandpa) ever gave her and her siblings was the way he loved their mother. There is a kind of legacy that has come down through the family because of my Grandparents (on both sides). My point is that its the greatest blessing of all time to give that to your family and we actually can.

What we do with our lives now can weigh heavily on our families to be. So in other words if we don't sort our lives out as best we can now we are selfishly laying down bad things instead of good things (curses instead of blessings) for our families. We must not be selfish but must think ahead as to how we are going to restore this thing called fatherhood (put motherhood there if you're a lady). I must, however, keep in mind that only grace can get this stuff done. My own effort is nothing without grace. (Charl helped me think these things)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is really an amazing post. very great. when truth is spoken it always stirs people to dig deeper wells,and thats the mark that on this post. thanks for sharing it, its inspiring :)

Anonymous said...

thanks no-one.

Anonymous said...

come back and visit again soon!

Anonymous said...

Dude, you are an amazing man. I am honoured to call you my friend and brother. This is something very close to my heart and I think you have hit the nail on the head. It's not about us so much as it is about our families to come and most importantly about God!

Kagé said...

jokes about Gregs blog there is something wrong with the link (..in my brain)

Anonymous said...

dude u are amazing guy, like i think u are better than the invention of green chalk boards for poor colorblind people and red chalk.

bro u just too hectic oke
everything
just like
eish bro

Anonymous said...

Dude, I think I love you. Like, love love.