The Pale Kings

IT guys have to deal with a lot. I have been working an IT job for the last few days just to fill the gap between studies and holidays.

So while I wait for the green fields and cool waters of home I sit at a desk waiting for some techno-pleb to come to me with his computer, zapped modem or burnt-out laptop and demand a next to instant fix. I sit calmly and order things at at desk then I go to the back room...Where I become king. In the back room I rule along with hundreds of other underweight or overweight across the globe.

I can erase peoples work, photos, movies, digital journals. I can fix or break peoples emails, internet connections and most communications. People have willingly put their lives into the buzznig and whirring hands of these oversized calculators and they can hardly do anything without them.

In short we have a hell of a lot of power when it comes to controlling peoples lives. Thanks to desktops, laptops, Palmtops, Cellphones and the Internet...there are four pale guys in the back room who have more control over your life than you will ever know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog not cos its cool but cos I have nothing to do at the moment. By the way, life is always funnier with Trevor.

Anonymous said...

hey... the link u put up doesnt work... well not in dnb anyways. hope ur doing well and the comment u put on my blog is non-excistant! :( miss u

Anonymous said...

guy... Work sucks!

...

Unless it's fun of course