I suppose I would have sweated but it was cold. The bitter cold Grahamstown morning prevented a single bead of sweat from exiting my clenched pores. I parked somewhere awkward, where do the staff park anyway. I walked from my car, slightly hunched from the cold toward the vague idea of where my designated classroom was. A chilled corridor and a sqeaky turn on polished fake tiles and I found room N8. Once I found the room I started relaxing a bit and after pacing, examining and re-examining (it doesn't matter what) the lady in charge of me walked in. Warmer than expected she smiled and gave me the class list and a few encouraging words about how nice they were. She said it would only be a class of 12. That was nice, as smaller the class the better in some ways.
The class stormed in from the corridor. Some were quiet, some rowdy, very managable. I started off with introductions and I they managed to mumble their way through their names and hometowns. Formal stuff out of the way I decided more formalities would be nice. I got them to write a journal entry with the heading "This morning I woke up and was able to..." I hope to get some imaginitive responses to this, we shall see.
The day ended with tea under the DSG tree. We, the student teachers, were fairly comfortable in that space. Our mouths were full of snacks and we chatted lightly about the day some coughing off the remains of local strain of flu.
I am at home now. Just watched "Chronicles or Riddick" and plan to mark the assignments.
TO DO:
-Film study "Bridge of Terenithia"
-Consider TRC lessons for Grade9E History.
-Ed Studs assignments
-Think over Adrian Mole lesson for day 6
-Tell my friend Adnrew Paton that he is awesome.
-File for English and History
-There are so amny options
1 comment:
cool story and lucky class. u r doing well john charles. im proud of u! u shine ..
lots of love.
Post a Comment