Teachers day two

No sweat today except from under my layers of shirt, collared shirt and jersey. I wasn't required at the school early today so I took the morning slowly and got to the circle at St Andrews called the "Slave Bell," at about 9:10. It was only 50% awkward waiting around for some older teacher who knew what he was doing to tell me what to do. The guy in charge of me told me what to do and I followed him around.

We went to a place in Grahamstown which was even more odd. A little valley/ditch near Graeme College called Oatlands North Park.

Here was a place of great historical significance. It was once a buffer between the white area and the coloured/Indian area. (Indians get a capital letter because their race is named after a Country: India) The kids weren't even the kids I was supposed to be teaching. 9E was somewhere else and I still don't understand why. I suppose for History I will be finding out more as I go but as for now I am fairly clueless. Good times.

Tomorrow I will be teaching at 7:30 am again and will probably be doing Adrian Mole. As for tonight I will be watching Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer. I doubt it will be much good but I am keen for a little story.

TO DO:
-Film study "Bridge of Terenithia"
-Consider TRC lessons for Grade9E History.
-Ed Studs assignments
-Think about extra-mural paricipation
-Consider Eternity and its eternalness
-MSN Adnrew Paton about Ozzy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool post love. like the pic! im sure u must be the most attractive teacher at st andrews :)

lauren.entwistle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lauren.entwistle said...

john, do you mean Bridge to Terabithia?

Anonymous said...

lol, lauren u were right. it is bridge to teraBithia :) amazing movie.