(Day 6&7)I hope anyone who reads this doesn't hate me for logging such arb things I am simply keeping this journal for myself and my lonely girlfriend who is far away and probably one of the only people who will read this anyway. Blogging seems to be long gone from anyones minds but this is still useful as a digital log.
Yesterday I simply read through Secret Diary of Adrian Mole aged 13 1/4. It was nice I also gave the boys back their marks. They were not too excited to read but they volunteered and were well behaved. Nothing else spectacular happened besides meeting the chap who built the climbing wall at St Andrews (Keith).
Today I had a 8:25 English lesson and taught on the Haiku. I was amazed at how enthusiastically the boys responded. It took a while of course but soon they were getting all deep and thinking a lot about the poems and the way they were constructed.
I told them what Haiku was then read some to them and asked what they thought. They all had different opinions but it was a great way to intriduce them to poetry analysis. I should have gotten some funny ones as well to make them laugh and help them remember stuff about Haiku. I was impressed at how they learnt and I told them to write two Haiku for tomorrow. I will be interested to see what they produce.
Today I spoke to Pete about getting involved with some sort of extra-mural activity. Archery or Riflery and maybe even low-level assistant coach for rugby. (I need to learn all I can about rugby)
TO DO:
-Lesson Prep English G8 and History G9
-Movie for Monday History Assignment
5 comments:
glad to see your list of "things to do" decreasing ;)
im lonely without you. and i am far away. and i do read this. and i love it. i love reading what u write. i must be in love with you too then. fancy that.
:)
I love you too man!
I had an archery lesson once and can vouch that it is FUN (better than rugby ><). hope you enjoy it :D
Dear English teacher: How does a person spell intriduce?
a/c no: 1002911155
branch no: 632005
ABSA Current Account
Post a Comment