Living on campus

Today as I walked down from the African Media Matrix two people spoke to me and said that they never see me on campus anymore. It was so great to be walking around on campus with people I know and seeing millions of people who know me and Danie. Anyway I came across a few people who actually have taken up a sort of informal reisdence on campus and as Danie and I sat there calmly talking about life and whatnot(..nudge, nudge, say no more) these hobos emerged - think about that word - from the place near where we sat.


Needless to say, I was stunned. Danie and I sat flabbergasted and the phrase "gee willikins" ran through my head a number of times. Anyway we found that these people who emerged had learnt language and we were able to communicate with them for a while until they started asking us for valuable items with which to trade: skins, furs, precious stones and minerals etc. Danie and I became confused and left that place.


The rest of the day was good and, although I am working tomorrow for Freedom Day public holiday, I am happy. This weekend promises to gently shift everything I think of, similar to the way a volcano changes the geography of landscape. I am excited to spend time with God and some people who I love so dearly this weekend. I am sad that others won't be there to. Jordan I need you.

I would like to dedicate this post to John Ebden who took me for Networking in ComSci for first year. Seeing him on campus today made my day.

8 comments:

Berry said...

kage... your posts always give me something to smile about... I appreciate that a lot :D I hope also that this weekend is a huge blessing to your life... Berry

Berry said...

p.s. the pic of the wonderfully loony Fish and CK (who it appears emerged from the loony bin...) is gigglesome and deserves to be retained for many future blackmailing purposes! hehe :)

Unknown said...

Wow this was an amusing post. Did you maybe retreat into the orange cubicle of hiding yourself today? I think I may have busted you when I was tearing the office apart looking for you to come eat roesterkoek with me. Ah well, next time

Farmboy said...

Ah neck this is a cool one wat a catch.

Shakana said...

Can i just say that that was hysterical!! i will also admit to the fact that i dont see u on campus either. but then i never did. so maybe i cant really comment on this. but i had TOTALLY loved the story!!!

Anonymous said...

I saw you on campus. And I have had my suspicions about that orange thing outside the maths department for some time. But I always suspected something to do with those mathematicians...

Farmboy said...

hey lad when do i get to see you around i miss and want to see you again.... Do you still have facial hair? What are your facial features?

Charmaine said...

Ha Mr Jono-welcome to the life of the person living in digs and doing post graduate work: No lectures and no real inclination to walk to campus...by the way its good to see some recycling going on in South Africa-you guys need to clear some rubbish:) (Kidding Nats and Carolyn..you guys look great in orange)