text

The weekend that just passed was groundbreaking. There was not much talking or eating but the juiec was good and the day of silence was incredible. I have not had a day before when I considered words so much. The place we went to was peaceful and surrounded by citrus orchards there was one pond, a dam and a river.
Sitting next to the dam under my umbrella while everything around me got soaked was one of my highlights. So peaceful and a perfect scene for contemplation. Contemplating the presence of God was the main pursuit for me. (I didn't get one of those schedule things in the beginning or have a chronograph of any sort so I sort of needed my own main pursuit.) Going through an understanding of how he is there, with me, in love, was truly enlightening.

I also realised that He delights in me always before even caring about the things I do, say or think...as I delight in him I realise that it would be really great to change the things I do, say and think, from a place of love for the Father. Its quite simple really. If things happen the other way around everything will break sooner or later.

Through many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
'Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.


The guy who wrote that didn't realise I would take it for granted for 21 years and then suddenly be thrown beyond myself once I realised the true significance.

ps: there were some horses there in serious need of some nail-clippers.

4 comments:

Shakana said...

well hello there. inspiring words!! another person from camp also relayed something to the effect of delightment and God - to hear it reiterated is phenomenal because I think that im beginning to get this monumental rev. thanks for ur poignant thoughts dear friend.

Unknown said...

Wow! That was all kinds of beautiful. Thank you for the Twitch, it leads me into my own little revelation. I'm glad this weekend had such an Impact on you... haha, I'm sooo lame.

Anonymous said...

ur words are beautiful... thanks for the rev. Glad impact was awesome for u- u deserve nothing less :)

Anonymous said...

somehow, you quoting that verse makes it mean.

man of grace,
may you grow daily in grace.

thank-you for the light you shine in my life -
just being there. just being you.

i like posting on your blog cos it gives me a chance to be soppy. see you soon