Warm memories

I am sitting in my room. Its cold. I have managed to get out of bed and clean my room. It is spotless, but for a corner or two where bits of dust make me uncomfortable. You know what I mean, when there is just one or two things that need to be done and thoughts of those loom. Anyway, Jack Johnson is crooning and reminding me of things I enjoy and making the day a little warmer for me.

Its cosy here, on my couch in front of the computer. I can use my toes to adjust the brightness of the screen. I have been reminded of being in my lounge at home on the farm. It was cold outside on that day, cold rain and mist swirled outside, but inside it was warm. Music played softly, the fire crackled in its corner and cheerfully heated the room. The peace was untouchable, some read, some played cards on a slightly dusty farm carpet. I remember how happy my Dad was just to have peace like that in his house. Later, a walk, out into the chilled drizzle, then back into the warm room for tea and smiles.


Memories are great things. Why do have them if we aren't suppose to enjoy them. I could give a moral of the story but I think I'll leave it at that. Sorry this post was a personal reminiscence, hope you all don't mind.

Grace to all who are learning for exams and super blessings to the birthday children of this month.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this post makes me smile too..
u r a birthday kid of this month as well! past 21 into the 22's :O)hope the weekend was awesome!

Anonymous said...

hey john, my ninja cousin, hope you have a super cool birthday tomorrow! and i'm also REALLY sorry about snippet of the faux EvilCat documentary on your video camera. love lau

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY to you!

Kagé said...

Thanks Flame. You are one of the deepest guys I know. Some stupid people don't know how to deal with you and think you are joking and then laugh think they are laughing with you.

Meanwhile...in your heart you mock the words of fools.