Ninja Rock from the Shadows

So what if their fans bring swords to swords into the clubs for gigs. Turtle Boss is a ripping new trend for the lesser known ninja subculture of our time. Literally emerging from the shadows this band of grinning rock warriors are a completely fresh take on the world of rock.

Jordan Rainer or Rock Lee, the whole band has alias', is the lead singer and classes the band in the "ninja-rock" sub-genre. He says that their band runs on imagination and their fans are mostly interested in the mystery of the band and "the way we engage with the fantastic."

These guys aren’t chaotic thrash-metal or angry death-metal, but a kind of alternative rock with a hint of the historical orient.

"We only play on a dimly lit stage and we encourage our fans to bring plastic weapons to play with, real ones would be too risky and probably illegal," said Theo Tewater or Anbu. He the bands lead guitar as well as an avid weapons collector.

Despite being playful, with an almost punk/rebel attitude these guys tear up any club they play at and totally rewrite the atmosphere in all their venues. All of them are skill full musicians who have been playing since their young years. You'll see the all shadow Douglas Hobson, or Sado, on stage playing bass as well as the lead guitar, singer, and a drummer.

Their drummer is one of the bands shady characteristics. Nobody knows who he is. Apparently he responded to an advert online and after giving a demo of his beat-skills the band took him on. They call him hawk but all we know for sure is that he wears a hat and is not from around here.

"Our favourite movies are 3Ninja Kids and anything with Chuck Norris or Bruce Lee in it," claimed Theo.

Ninja are historically known and feared as deadly assassins but Jordan, Doug, Theo and Hawk are gentle guys with a genuine love for music and great atmosphere but mainly ninjas.

The band carts around a laptop and a projector, so you will find clips from your favourite Japanese cartoons, Bruce Lee movies and even a bit of Walker Texas Ranger being played throughout their performance.

They are as yet unsigned but are firmly supported by a large, and largely unknown, fan base of underground ninja-rock enthusiasts. They hope to be signed sometime soon and rack up the shelves with what Jordan calls "radical tunes".

"This is the kind of music I would fight to," said Ryan Walmsley wielding a floppy pair on plastic num-chucks. He says his ninja name is Flame.

12 comments:

Kagé said...

sorry this is so long. I just decided to put it here.

FeralChild said...

You are bored...

Anonymous said...

this is so funny cos it almost sounds like it could b in grocotts as like a hard news story cos of the way u wrote it haha..but then u realise that its really bout the guys we know as bsc students, some of whom like to frollick (sp?) to lord of the rings music too. fun story.
goodday!

Anonymous said...

just to say that i didnt mean for it to sound like these guys are defined by their bsc degrees. they are not. afterall, they are ninjas, as we read.

Kagé said...

they are also defined by their degrees, but just so Jordan knows I had to do this for a project in journ and I feel most creative when I blog so I did it here.

Sarah said...

so I may have maybe been completely confused at the start of the post, not really knowing what was going on, but it was pretty hectic i must say (once I got the jist of things)...enjoyed the creativity John and the pictures the words conjured!

Anonymous said...

Where do I sign up for updates and the like. I'm a fan already and I havn't even heard any of the rocking tunes. Hawk is my fav. He can do anything... (???)

Anonymous said...

All the Ninjas were Kung-Fu fighting..or in this case..Rocking!

Anonymous said...

u have 2 check out the link on densenmascarar's blog today. funniest.

Unknown said...

You're kidding right... did you seriously submit that? I can't wait to see what you got. Vash

Kagé said...

Not all of it. I edited alot of it.
heh heh.

Farmboy said...

i love the man in this blog he is a king amongst men....