Delicate Petals and Djinns

I found the first of the Jasmine this week. How nice. They took out a whole tangled mass of the plant away from Atherstone house and that sucks. The nice thing about August is that its when people start their fitful dreams of Spring. Spring is the welcome season that comes after Winter. I can't wait for that. The peach blossom is another herald of the coming spring and is the closest I will get to authentic cherry blossoms on campus.

Gosh...I don't know what else to say. I have been doing a great writing course for journalism and I read a book about reading and writing by a gentleman called Robertson Davies. I am fairly sure he would have something to say about the frivolous way we throw words around on our blogs. I do, however, think that if it were not for blogs some people would never write and some people would never feel comfortable with their writing. This may mean nothing to some people.
This guy was awesome. If I ever write a book about stuff, this guy will be in it although Djinnis are probably demons. God is way better than a (Djinni) genie. I would love a majic carpet. Though I am not too sure about the monkey.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

John Hutton, I enjoyed that post...I was happy to see an undated blog...spring is indeed something to look forward to...jasmine are good...but alas I'm allergic to them...so pretty to look at...not great to smell which is sad...

Anonymous said...

huh? se....jasmine is great to smell. the trick is to not get loads of it in ur room, but a little bit is so pretty smelling :)

cool post jch. i think the monkey makes the pic interesting - cos the monkey is joining in on the fun. its the parrot who is freaked out. dono about that parrot.

spring is most deffinately a worthy topic of any conversation.

Anonymous said...

Twitch, if u let me. I can be ur magic carpet.I will take u to whereever u want to go baby....

Anonymous said...

IMAGINE a life size (the size of life) fish standing on its tail fins, flapping its gills to the beat of the "timothy traddle" song from kideo.

and even as i type this the first sunlight of the day breaks through the clouds and shines into my room. nice.

Kagé said...

WHILE you wrote that i saw that same day from the same place. but i was outside in the dang cold wind. those gills are awesome.

Anonymous said...

great things are happening round here. you're right that if people don't have blogs they don't write. i love the fact that the window i'm looking out is trying to tell me that the sky can be completely grey, even though the wall is brightly illuminated by gorgeous sunshine. contradictions are great. they justify a lot of our humanness. have a good weekend if i don't see you ;)

densensmascarar said...

hey monkey boy. have you heard of the monkey breed called twitch??? i saw one today and it left a trail of peanuts under a blanket. i'll carry a gun next time i see one of those...scary things.

Unknown said...

So you should just write like that for class. It's pretty much perfect. Dropped in to tell you I'm now quoting media theorists in my blog... proof that I do actually miss Journ theory, proof that I am actually insane. Thanks for hosting us last night (as opposed to hoisting us which I was going to type to see if anyone would notice...)

Farmboy said...

i wish my brother came back..... i havent seen him for a whole year.
I miss him... you know wat i mean

Kagé said...

FLIP IT.