Walking on the water

This is going to be a long post people. Please bear with me. Part of this is because I want to share and because I am most creative on my blog so I will combine work with fun and write about my coffee shop writing experience. Ryan and Jordan might not care and only really feel envious (Prov 13:40 Ha ha ha but seriously, its a great proverb especially in the NKJV) Well here goes:

Jokes. I have put the actual story on my other blog. I decided it would be too much to put here. Here is a pic to keep you guys entertained. I will tell you all about my intersting time with the police and our new friend Jamie who will be paying for the four cars he has destroyed to relative degrees.

Okay let me tell you.
Last night as I sat on the couch I have placed in front of my computer. I heard a loud crash coming from the roadside of my house, 9 Oatlands Road. I came out of my room to find my digsmates heading towards the door to investigate.

It sounded very much like a collision but I did not expect what I saw had really happened. As We got to the gate of the house we saw a double-cab Isuzu reversing away from behind one of the cars it had seemingly hit. It roared off up Oatlands and we saw it turn right onto Fitsroy Street.

We ran out onto the pavement and decided to give chase. We also noted that two others cars had been hit and one written off smashed against a tree. Until the Isuzu in question hit a Grey Ford Laser into a Fiat Seicento. Luckily the Fiat was relatively fine and we jumped into to chase the escaping hooligan. Jordan Rainer drove, even stopping at the stop-street below the rail-crossing.

We chased him up Fitzroy and around a block as he tried to avoid us. Then he came back across Fitzroy into Marshall Street where he stumbled from his vehicle to his gate. I approached him and asked if he was alright and if he was drunk. Denying it he fumbled with his keys at his gate. I managed to coax his first name and cellphone number from him while our friends at home called Hi-Tech.

Their armed response unit was there in minutes to help out cuffing the offender. After seeing the damage to his bullbar and bumper they put him into the car making sure he didn't hit his head on the door of the small response vehicle.

It was chaos when I got home, lights, police and the owner of the Ford Laser was crying. I gave a statement and opened a case on behalf of the four car owners who are witnesses along with Rainer.

I don't know what happens from here but I will be getting the case number today and I expect the offender will be convicted of drunken driving and have to pay for the tens of thousands rands worth of damage to property.

18 comments:

Benaiah said...

hectic

neels said...

prayers are with you guys, keep strong.

FeralChild said...

What kind of a gay comment is "Even stopping at the stop-street below the rail-crossing."? Is it necessary? If you were driving you prob would have stuck to the speed limit.

Anonymous said...

u guys are hectic. all of u. the girls too.

Shakana said...

so u were the hero huh? i always knew u were a hero kind of guy. peace out.

Anonymous said...

NO WAY!!! I tell you, that is HECTIC. The little guy in the botom right hand corner agrees!

Denise said...

hey twitchy. glad you made that great post because it provoked ryan walmsley to make that comment that is still making me laugh.

have a good day

FeralChild said...

Oh Nats Sturg finally commented with her real name, oh sorry, that was just Nats Picky. My bad!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about this...unfortunate series of events.

Anonymous said...

jords, i feel that it should be ok becos i did use my real name already.

Charmaine said...

Twitch I feel I must just say that your attack on the polka dot was unfair. Polka dots are fun and harmless. They also require no energy, they just are! I myself have a yellow polka dot bikini.

Anonymous said...

I feel spiritually weakened every time I come into this blogs I feel that such pridefull undertones are not good....Ilove you John but you always manage to dissapoint me, and when it comes from you it hurts. S
ome people say silly things here. But others ie Ryan remain beautiful and pure in my eyes. Hax

Kagé said...

ok *thumbsup*

FeralChild said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
FeralChild said...

Hahahaha, spiritually weakend, hahahahahahaha, coz of prideful undertones, hahahahahahaha, I need to find out who this person is.

FeralChild said...

Hey Twitch bro, what this person says is true tho, you dissapoint me always. Jokes bru, I love you and think you are an amazing man, a humble man full of grace and passion. You've always been an example to me. Love you comrad. Peace! PS. I dont really mind that you mock my driving, I cant help that Im a FeralChild

Anonymous said...

wow john! that's so hectic! (also tarryn's sixteenth, that's also hectic but definately not as hectic as that story, oh my word!) hope you come and visit soon. love cousin lauren

Unknown said...

Why.... would you put your physical address up on your blog??