Rain and Fight.

First let me say that it rained a few hours ago. Thrivably one of the first of the summer rains dampened the soil for the coming season of hot sun and humid air here at Rhodes campus. The view was particularly awesome from the Skidd dining hall lawns where I could see the purple-blue lightning bursting from cloud to cloud and feel the powerful grubmlings of old man thunder.

That was the rain the other thing I am thriving off is the amount of potential violence I have been near. I had to break up a fight at Nombulelo this previous week. I almost bust a drunk guy in the face for getting all up in our faces (the faces of the ladies in my crew included). I also made rescue at taphuis but I only imagined having to kick ass that time. The time will come when I need to destroy 300 men defending something like a patch of lentils..or something cooler like a lady.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

descriptions like that make my heart sore for not being in that pretty moment.

being rescued deserves poetry; there are even bigger things than kicking ass. i am glad i am over my feminist stint so i can openly thrive off how great it is when men are being men. i'm sad the word "warrior-poet" is almost a cliche. it's so apt.

Anonymous said...

ninja bro, you must know how much i thrived when i clicked on the lady and expected to see a bigger pic of her, but saw lightning! wow! much happiness for God's beauty in lightning. ><>

Anonymous said...

Binks says...
hey...
Glad to hear you practising and
training up your amazing and finely
tuned ninja skills...
Peace and calm inside of me knowing
that the ninja is always there to save us ladies... :)
Beautiful post

Anonymous said...

If i was there, i would have fought to protect the ladies, but first beaten you so that i received all the glory. This is a joke, i want to here more about this story in person. Also, i have no skin.