candles and quill pens.

Let me rant on about my life for a little bit, maybe later I will talk about something other than myself. Well I have always thought that following ones dream was a bit of a silly thing and possibly a fantasy with an end that was impossible to reach. Then, a while back, I realised that my Dad had wanted to farm ever since he was a little kid on the little, new and sort of underdeveloped, farm that my Grandad worked with.

My Dad now owns the farm he once lived on and the one next door, that my line originally settled on six generations back incidentally. He has worked the land and sweated many a day to increase the productivity by factors his Father only dreamed of. I believe that God put that desire and skill in my Dad and he has multiplied it.

I have always wanted to be a writer. Ever since my grade 2 teacher told me she liked my pirate story and that I had a good imagination. Since then I have always wanted to be able to write something that someone can "slip into and become part of," (Quote lovely friend, 2005). Sitting on the Mullins field the other day, staring into the southern horizon decked with the blackest cloud, I realised that I was in my third year of English and Journalism and further on my way to becoming a writer than I ever thought I'd be. Ha ha...a cheesy dreams can come true post. Hope you guys can stomach me but I get happy sometimes. I feel love for my friends and family and God right now.

(ps:Thanks for the tractor pic fish lady)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. So i was looking at that tractor and wondering if i cud run faster than it. Some say i run pretty fast, ya... I think God has given u the capability to become a HECTIC writer and use this for the good of all mankind. OK BYE!!!

Anonymous said...

wow! that post was soooo lovely! i think that God puts dreams in children so that when they are our age, they can marvel at how great the dream is that God has prepared them for! again, the pic of the scroll is beautiful.
this post and the rev is happy-making!:)

Anonymous said...

Wow. The tractor is now my desktop, not only because it is such an exquisite photo, but also because it symbolises the realisation of dreams. Your dad has made me realise, that when you believe in something, you work hard towards it. Very hard. Twitch, respect to you for managing to make a potentially cheezy cliché, alive and fresh and beautiful.

I'm finally getting into work a little bit - it's great. Hope life isn't too boring for you :)

Kagé said...

FLip I thrive far too much of my friends.

Anonymous said...

twitchy you are so lovely and i'm so stoked for you. you remind me that dreams are actually good and God does actually want us to dream...sometimes i'm a bit scared to. thank u for being so lovely.
[and maybe i will be able to prove loveliness back and remember your blog address *shy smile*]

Anonymous said...

hey tw
that was an awesome post!!!
Your dad worked hard for ur beautiful farm and i know you are
going to get ur dream... im so privilaged to watch you as you find your destiny and fulfill the dream that God crafted in you so long ago...
U so thrivable...

Anonymous said...

i'm quite happy you changed the music - as much as i adore ninjai, there are only so many times you can hear the same tune...

Anonymous said...

Friends, watch this space because we have an upcoming journalist and best-seller on the way.Keep pressing on into your gift, talent and dream that God has given you TW; because with it; you are going to bless so many people,more than you know.
Big up for Journ 2moz and the new tune is tight.

Kagé said...

Glad you like the new tune, didn't want anyone getting over hte old one and hating.

Shot for all the encouragement (sincere). Ps if anyone here has a blog for me to read (that I don't already check 6 times a day) please let me know I am an avid blog reader.
I wish there was another word for blog its such a silly one.

Unknown said...

Your blog is beautiful- to look and to read :)

Anonymous said...

do you know that just yesterday i said to someone that syrup is real
(as in naturally occuring)...BUT ITS NOT!..haha..its made from sugar...so, sugar is from sugarcane, and syrup is from sugar. i can be very silly sometimes :)