Sometimes what we reach for seems like it could burn us.I'm not talking about stupid people trying to touch fire and lightbulbs. I was thinking more about the idea of risking your neck for something amazing. There's plenty of amazing stuff that God has put within our reach or, at least, His reach compensates for our lack thereof. Sometimes we should just reach, perhaps God will be with us.
Since I wrote this my brother lit a glass thing and then put his hand on it...ha ha ha...burnt hand. I also spent some time in the last few days watching lightning and thriving of real solid rain that. Some of my friends were still outside when the hail happened also....ha ha ha. welted.
I also think that everyone who knows me should read the lyrics to a song by a band called Ash...its my life in a nutshell. NUTSHELL. click that link if you care. Actually not my life because that song leaves out other stuff like: Jesus and the other less important things from there. Flip. I was acting the fool this evening outside the dining hall and I hurt my knee. Its sore. I thought running with palm tree leaves was bibilical...didn't feel that holy when I hit the bricks.
Ps: Big journ exam coming up. So throw a prayer for me before Wednesday.
8 comments:
dear john
since you've been gone, i can breathe for the first time. NO, JOKES. I just wanted to quote that girl because I thought you might enjoy it. You know, IRONY. The reason I am leaving a comment is that I wanted to say I did NOT steal your hat really, you actually left it in your room. And you never smsd us to tell us you got back ok so we thought a giant might have intercepted you along the way and that you may have been horrifically dismembered, lying in a gorge somewhere on the way to grahamstown. But I guess the fact that you posted this blog means that you are alive. Which is a relief to all of us, I must say. Sincerely, Kind Regards, your cousin who is older than you.
aaaah, they are everywhere!!
aaah that song brings back memories of... erica, when was it? love the photo. i am feeling some courage starting to grow, to imagine really impossible things, and then start to REACH
good luck for your exam john! today I am writing algebra and grade four theory GOSH. kbye
God Bless for your exam TW.For a sound mind to learn, absorb and remember what you need to for Journ.The challenge is out there;To step out into the unknown knowing that everything is possible for those who believe(mk9:23) and to trust God with everything.From learning textbooks to whatever else you desire.
Eina about your knee;it will be healed and guess you ain't going to be running with palm tree leaves anytime soon.lesson learnt.Thrive this week
Ahh the palm tree leaves were not soo much the problem as the wall that I tripped on as I jumped over it (onpurpose of course for some comic relief).
My HAT COUSIN I put it on before I left then put it down again. sillyme. I am older than you. I have over a thousand hits. *happy*
so it took me a while to read your new post.
i know i haven't been the same since my teenage lobotomy. yeah, den dear, that was, what? standard seven? oh yeah, ash was taking me over.
thanks for reminding me of that, tw, i think i'll have to bring a whole lot of the best 70s kung fu movies we have at home back for you next year. "snake in the eagle's shadow" and the like...
come on jackie chan!
tw, that pic is just so great. i love the pics u use on your blog-they always tell a story just the way they are (i kno that sounds cliche, but its really what i wanted 2 say bout them..) God bless for journ!! im sure it will be ama-zing (did u kno that thats a name of a juice? wierd!)
:o)
Post a Comment