..and I don't know why, I can't take my...

Ahhhh, what a good day. Some things in this world are far too wonderful for words. What can I say? I am at Grocott's again covering a story about the mountain club for today. It'll be an easy one and then I'll get some time to rest. Its great to have something so much more incredible on your mind than the things at hand,however remaining connected to the present can be strenuous at times.

From about Friday 4pm, my weekend started, and it started off on a note reminiscent of blues and greens, beaches and hills, sunsets and star-scattered moonlight. Sounds a bit much but I watched "House of Flying Daggers" last week and "Dreamer" this weekend so I am allowed to write like Wordsworth. So basically the last few days have been too much, Eldredge would say that my adventure just jumped a couple notches and I feel like a Captain Jack Sparra: on a quest for treasure but ever vigilant in evading the black ship that haunts his heels.

I miss my farm and feel like going for an early-morning horse-ride through the hay-fields. The thing I enjoy about early mornings on horse-back is that my feet don't get wet and horses have waterproof hooves...Its true.

I like this picture and I like how this bit of writing has made me feel good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey tw
i like this blog and it makes me vey happy to hear that you are having a fun!
i miss your farm to... i wish i was there right now... (thoughts drift off a bit)
thanks for the great bit of writing- it was very beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

a really beautiful post!
..Bruce and Ido have made friends - and Ido has spent too much time in the sun and his forehead is a little discoloured now. lol.

Unknown said...

This is loveliness to my soul. Did I spell that right? Í'll ask Sim... anyway, I'm glad to see that someone in the same situation as me can blog prettily like this and not angstily like I do :-(